- Follow Foundation for Ascent on WordPress.com
- It is impossible for a human being to sacrifice
- Q & A: How does one live up to love and light expectations?
- Facing the facts: God is not inside you
- What is resentment?
- Q & A: What can I do to stop my body from failing me?
- Truth beyond words
- Q & A: Sometimes believing in God is really hard for me
- Q & A: Why does God not require works for salvation?
- How could he/she do this to me?
- Q & A: Christian dating a Muslim
Tag Archives: truth
We have become accustomed to using words loosely, without reflecting on what they actually mean. One of these words is the concept of “sacrifice”. No human being, no matter how great the act, can ever truly sacrifice! What do I … Continue reading
Question: Could use some insight… So today I let my anger get the best of me. I was on a call with a call center – rep was rude and confrontational- and I mirrored her behavior. Or maybe she mirrored … Continue reading
During an enriching conversation, a lady shared snippets of a speech that someone gave to University students. One point she recalls him mentioning was that when we pray, we are really praying to the “God inside us” in that we … Continue reading
1) We have expectations. Expectations carry concepts of how we believe our life should develop. We fix firmly to these expectations. 2) Someone upsets our expectations by introducing something that challenges our concept, compelling us to face a new reality. … Continue reading
Truth can never be experienced with words, like looking at a picture of an idyllic Island can never give you the real experience of it. Truth is not the words, like the picture is not the actual Island. Therefore, you can never … Continue reading
Question: Please help me, sometimes believing in God is really hard for me Not just when something bad happens. But sometimes, I guess I just think about how cruel and realistic and unfair the world is, and it makes it … Continue reading
Question: Why does God not require works for salvation? Because if I had to do x, y, and z to be saved, I could know for sure that as long as I did x, y, z, I was guaranteed salvation. Instead, … Continue reading
Question: How can we trust the Bible? As a new Christian I have a lot of doubts regarding this subject. How can we trust that the Bible still carries the message our Father sent to us? The Bible has gone … Continue reading
The sphinx! For thousands of years this mystery has puzzled mankind. Why did the ancients form this cryptic structure? And what does it represent? I am not presumptuous enough to think this essay will fully explain it, or exhaust the … Continue reading
Q & A: What does this mean? Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
Question: What does this mean? “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.” Does it mean that anything you ask God for, He will give to you? And … Continue reading