- Follow Foundation for Ascent on WordPress.com
- It is impossible for a human being to sacrifice
- Q & A: How does one live up to love and light expectations?
- Facing the facts: God is not inside you
- What is resentment?
- Q & A: What can I do to stop my body from failing me?
- Truth beyond words
- Q & A: Sometimes believing in God is really hard for me
- Q & A: Why does God not require works for salvation?
- How could he/she do this to me?
- Q & A: Christian dating a Muslim
Tag Archives: spirit
1) We have expectations. Expectations carry concepts of how we believe our life should develop. We fix firmly to these expectations. 2) Someone upsets our expectations by introducing something that challenges our concept, compelling us to face a new reality. … Continue reading
Question: I came from a Buddhist background which says yes there are gods/deity/angel and one supreme God who says I am the Creator of the universe and desires for the welfare of humanity; but also, there is this devil entity … Continue reading
Question: And they said, “Look, Lord, here are two swords.” And he said to them, “It is enough.” Can anyone please explain it [Luke 22:38] like I’m 5 years old. Everything Jesus taught was pacifist. But then there is this one … Continue reading
Question: I think my landlord is trying to wrongfully keep my security deposit, but I know that Christ said to hand over things that people demand of you and turn the other cheek (Matthew 5:39-42). Would it be wrong for … Continue reading
I am convinced temptation is not a fixed concept, but rather a relative idea. Two people can face the same opportunity, but only person A is tempted. Yet the same people could face a different opportunity, but now only person … Continue reading
Q: How do you know a child is sick? A: The child will show symptoms that diverges from its healthy state. That means, to recognize any sickness and abnormal signs, true knowledge of the normal condition and personality of the … Continue reading
Throughout my life I have earnestly asked myself this question in trying moments. Approaching this inquiry from different angles, I arrived at two interconnected answers. You see, there are two layers to suffering I have identified that are opposite ends … Continue reading
If we are honest, we will admit that for modern man it is difficult and almost impossible to honor and respect the Almighty as Perfect and Holy if you interpret His Nature based solely on orthodox biblical interpretations. As blasphemous … Continue reading