- Follow Foundation for Ascent on WordPress.com
- It is impossible for a human being to sacrifice
- Q & A: How does one live up to love and light expectations?
- Facing the facts: God is not inside you
- What is resentment?
- Q & A: What can I do to stop my body from failing me?
- Truth beyond words
- Q & A: Sometimes believing in God is really hard for me
- Q & A: Why does God not require works for salvation?
- How could he/she do this to me?
- Q & A: Christian dating a Muslim
Tag Archives: religion
During an enriching conversation, a lady shared snippets of a speech that someone gave to University students. One point she recalls him mentioning was that when we pray, we are really praying to the “God inside us” in that we … Continue reading
1) We have expectations. Expectations carry concepts of how we believe our life should develop. We fix firmly to these expectations. 2) Someone upsets our expectations by introducing something that challenges our concept, compelling us to face a new reality. … Continue reading
Question: Please help me, sometimes believing in God is really hard for me Not just when something bad happens. But sometimes, I guess I just think about how cruel and realistic and unfair the world is, and it makes it … Continue reading
Question: Why does God not require works for salvation? Because if I had to do x, y, and z to be saved, I could know for sure that as long as I did x, y, z, I was guaranteed salvation. Instead, … Continue reading
Question: Christian dating a Muslim.. I am a Christian. I made a mistake. A big one. I just graduated from college and moved in with my boyfriend, who follows the Islamic faith. At the time it happened, I was quite … Continue reading
The sphinx! For thousands of years this mystery has puzzled mankind. Why did the ancients form this cryptic structure? And what does it represent? I am not presumptuous enough to think this essay will fully explain it, or exhaust the … Continue reading
Q & A: What does this mean? Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
Question: What does this mean? “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.” Does it mean that anything you ask God for, He will give to you? And … Continue reading
Since there are always innumerable commentaries expressing confusion over the Trinity concept, I wish to provide a very simple description on the matter. Here is an analogy. Every human on earth is a trinity: Person – intent – will. The … Continue reading
Question: I came from a Buddhist background which says yes there are gods/deity/angel and one supreme God who says I am the Creator of the universe and desires for the welfare of humanity; but also, there is this devil entity … Continue reading
Question: And they said, “Look, Lord, here are two swords.” And he said to them, “It is enough.” Can anyone please explain it [Luke 22:38] like I’m 5 years old. Everything Jesus taught was pacifist. But then there is this one … Continue reading