- Follow Foundation for Ascent on WordPress.com
- It is impossible for a human being to sacrifice
- Q & A: How does one live up to love and light expectations?
- Facing the facts: God is not inside you
- What is resentment?
- Q & A: What can I do to stop my body from failing me?
- Truth beyond words
- Q & A: Sometimes believing in God is really hard for me
- Q & A: Why does God not require works for salvation?
- How could he/she do this to me?
- Q & A: Christian dating a Muslim
Tag Archives: faith
We have become accustomed to using words loosely, without reflecting on what they actually mean. One of these words is the concept of “sacrifice”. No human being, no matter how great the act, can ever truly sacrifice! What do I … Continue reading
1) We have expectations. Expectations carry concepts of how we believe our life should develop. We fix firmly to these expectations. 2) Someone upsets our expectations by introducing something that challenges our concept, compelling us to face a new reality. … Continue reading
Question: Why does God not require works for salvation? Because if I had to do x, y, and z to be saved, I could know for sure that as long as I did x, y, z, I was guaranteed salvation. Instead, … Continue reading
The sphinx! For thousands of years this mystery has puzzled mankind. Why did the ancients form this cryptic structure? And what does it represent? I am not presumptuous enough to think this essay will fully explain it, or exhaust the … Continue reading
Q & A: What does this mean? Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
Question: What does this mean? “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.” Does it mean that anything you ask God for, He will give to you? And … Continue reading
Question: I came from a Buddhist background which says yes there are gods/deity/angel and one supreme God who says I am the Creator of the universe and desires for the welfare of humanity; but also, there is this devil entity … Continue reading
Throughout my life I have earnestly asked myself this question in trying moments. Approaching this inquiry from different angles, I arrived at two interconnected answers. You see, there are two layers to suffering I have identified that are opposite ends … Continue reading
If we are honest, we will admit that for modern man it is difficult and almost impossible to honor and respect the Almighty as Perfect and Holy if you interpret His Nature based solely on orthodox biblical interpretations. As blasphemous … Continue reading
Sometimes our problem is impatience, not lack of help. Imagine an Israelite during their days of Egyptian enslavement, fervently petitioning the Almighty for the help of deliverance…daily. Now further imagine if these entreaties grew more impatient and intense daily, as … Continue reading