- Follow Foundation for Ascent on WordPress.com
- It is impossible for a human being to sacrifice
- Q & A: How does one live up to love and light expectations?
- Facing the facts: God is not inside you
- What is resentment?
- Q & A: What can I do to stop my body from failing me?
- Truth beyond words
- Q & A: Sometimes believing in God is really hard for me
- Q & A: Why does God not require works for salvation?
- How could he/she do this to me?
- Q & A: Christian dating a Muslim
Category Archives: Collection
We have become accustomed to using words loosely, without reflecting on what they actually mean. One of these words is the concept of “sacrifice”. No human being, no matter how great the act, can ever truly sacrifice! What do I … Continue reading
Question: Could use some insight… So today I let my anger get the best of me. I was on a call with a call center – rep was rude and confrontational- and I mirrored her behavior. Or maybe she mirrored … Continue reading
During an enriching conversation, a lady shared snippets of a speech that someone gave to University students. One point she recalls him mentioning was that when we pray, we are really praying to the “God inside us” in that we … Continue reading
1) We have expectations. Expectations carry concepts of how we believe our life should develop. We fix firmly to these expectations. 2) Someone upsets our expectations by introducing something that challenges our concept, compelling us to face a new reality. … Continue reading
Question: What can I do to stop my body from failing me? I am currently in the middle of searching for a job. I have had a couple of interviews and I found that I am having some issues with … Continue reading
Truth can never be experienced with words, like looking at a picture of an idyllic Island can never give you the real experience of it. Truth is not the words, like the picture is not the actual Island. Therefore, you can never … Continue reading
Question: Please help me, sometimes believing in God is really hard for me Not just when something bad happens. But sometimes, I guess I just think about how cruel and realistic and unfair the world is, and it makes it … Continue reading
Question: Why does God not require works for salvation? Because if I had to do x, y, and z to be saved, I could know for sure that as long as I did x, y, z, I was guaranteed salvation. Instead, … Continue reading
This question, often asked in times of sorrow, reflects a slight misunderstanding of human tendencies. It is doubtless everyone has at some time been at the giving or receiving end of this statement. Let us consider a simple example to … Continue reading